Crosspointe Baptist Church began as a mission from Third Baptist Church in 1952. The church then met at 1528 West Ninth Street under the name Temple Baptist Church. The mission became self-supporting and was constituted in 1955 with 150 charter members.
In 1998 under God’s leadership, the Ninth Street property was sold. The church adopted the name of Crosspointe Baptist Church. The church met in the National Guard Armory for a year while the first phase of our current building was constructed.
We relocated to 550 Worthington Road in June of 1999, when the Worship Center and the first phase of educational space were completed. The R.O.C.K. (Reaching Others for Christ’s Kingdom), our multi-purpose Christian Life Center, was completed in 2007.